Who we are
CARD is a NGO established in 1982 and registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act 27 of 1975 and working in the field of rural development for the last 35 years in Pudukkottai, Madurai and Karur Districts of Tamil Nadu, India. CARD is also registered with the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA). CARD is exempted from Income Tax u/s 12AA and 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961. CARD is managed by an Executive Committee with nine members. The term of office of the members is three years. CARD is a certified NGO by Give India and Validated by Charities Aid Foundation India. CARD is registered with NGO Darpan Portal of NITI Aayog, Government of India.
- Running 50 bedded De-Addiction Hospital in 2.35 acres of land at Samathuvapuram, Pulivalam Post, Thirumayam Taluk, Pudukkottai District.
- Running a Hostel for Working Women and College Girls in its own building at 102, Maraimlai Nagar, Pudukkottai - 622 003.
- Supporting the poor children of 20 Government schools in Pudukkottai and Karur Districts.
- Providing Bakery & Fruit Processing Training for rural poor women at Pallapatti village, Melur Taluk, Madurai Dist.
- Assisting the Mettupatti Milk Producers Co-operative Society promoted by CARD at Mettupatti village, Kulithalai Taluk, Karur District.
- Conducting Skill Training for Women on Assembling of LED Lights at Hiraniyamangalam Village in Kulithalai Taluk, Karur District.
- Conducting Awareness Programme on HIV/AIDS among the School and College students.
- Conducting Drug Awareness Programmes among the School and College students.
- Running a Medical Shop at Samathuvapuram under Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra (PMBJK).